http://www.sfmovingcompanies.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/logo.png 0 0 SF Moving Companies http://www.sfmovingcompanies.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/logo.png SF Moving Companies2016-12-09 00:58:582019-07-22 12:51:00Tips for a Smooth Move
Moving can be time consuming and stressful, especially if you have a lot to move or need to plan a long-distance move with kids or pets. We hope the following tips will help your next move go smoothly from start to finish.
- Check user manuals for your electronics and appliances to see if you need to do anything special to prepare them for a move.
- Clean out your closets, drawers and storage areas
- Call the moving company at least one month ahead of time to make sure they have an open availability on the date you need to move.
- Make the move easy on your children by letting them help sort through their toys and clothing, but try not to toss anything that they may enjoy playing with as this can be stressful for them before a move.
- Be sure to pack an overnight bag with things including toiletries such as a toothbrush and shower supplies, a small coffee pot or instant coffee and a change of clothing for the day after the move.
- Purge what you can to make sure you don’t bring along items you never use. There is no reason to bring something that has been sitting in a storage room or closet for longer than one year, unless it has sentimental value or is a family heirloom.
- Cancel your utility services as well as your paper and other deliveries
- Arrange to have your power, water and internet turned on as soon as you arrive at the new home.
- Send a change of address form to the post office a week ahead of the move.
- Clean the old home so the new tenants will have a clean space and so you will be able to get your security deposit back. (If applicable)